Best 5 Amazon Echo Accessories in 2022
Do you have an Amazon Echo at your home? Or are you planning to get one? If so, you are in the right place to know the best Amazon Echo Accessories you can purchase to make your home even smarter, better, and more fun.
While most households now have smart home devices such as the Amazon Echo, there are still a few that are curious and new to this advancement. These homeowners might wonder what an Amazon Echo is?
If you’re one of those people, then this article is for you. Read along to know more about Amazon Echo Accessories!
5 Best Plug-in Speakers for Android Phones
The 9 Best Google Pixel 2 Accessories Available on Amazon
5 Best Android Car Stereo Accessories – You Must Try
What is an Amazon Echo?
Amazon Echo is a small hands-free virtual assistant device allowing you to control Alexa and get things done better and easier. The good thing is, that this device can be placed anywhere within your home.
Echo devices can connect with Alexa through the internet. We already know how convenient Alexa makes it to manage devices, listen to music, check the news, make to-do lists, set alarms, and many more.
You can accessorize your Amazon Echo devices, which would make your experience even better. You can up your smart home game with this list of the best Amazon Echo accessories down below.
5 Great Amazon Echo Accessories You Never Want to Miss
Complete your smart home setup with the accessories that go well with your Amazon Echo:
1. Echo Show 10 (3rd Gen)
The third-generation Amazon Echo Show 10 is one of the best-selling smart displays. It is a basic tablet attached to speakers, designed in such a way that lets the screen or camera rotate as you move around.
Amazon offers this Echo Show 10 along with Blink Mini. You no longer have to stay in one place as this motion tracking feature enables you to move freely around during a video call or while cooking.
The best thing is that the HD screen automatically turns to your face which ensures that you and your family stay in the frame while having a video call using auto-framing.
In addition to that, you can control your home via Alexa; you just need to ask Alexa to show security cameras, lights, thermostats, and more. Alexa sends you smart alerts if your Echo device detects the sound of smoke alarms, glass breaking, or other activity noises.
Furthermore, it provides you with a complete pack of entertainment such as Prime Video, Netflix, Hulu, and other favorites with the best audio and video quality. It is designed in such a way that it does not disturb your privacy. You can disable motion at any time.
- The motorized screen automatically rotates to track you.
- Alexa Guard Plus helps you to safeguard your family by sending alerts.
- Provides the best audio and video quality.
- Motion tracking may cause discomfort for a few people.
- It can be controlled only through Alexa.
The EchoGear outlet shelf is designed to hold your Echo device or anything else up to 10 lbs. It is designed to work with various Echo generations such as Echo Dot (4th Gen), Echo (4th Gen), Echo (3rd Gen), Echo Dot (3rd Gen & Kids edition), and Echo Plus (2nd Gen), and all previous Echo generations for Alexa enabled devices.
What’s great about the Echogear outlet is that it provides you with extra storage for your smart device. The shelf it offers is stylish and can be easily installed on your existing outlet.
- The Echogear outlet shelf is perfect for Alexa-enabled devices.
- Works with all Echo generation devices.
- Easy to install.
- Cannot hold Echo devices that weigh more than 10 lbs.
- This product may require an adaptor.
3. Echo Frames (2nd Gen)
Technology is getting more advanced nowadays. Another accessory to make it to this list is the Echo Frames. These frames are smart audio glasses that are compatible with Alexa. They are lightweight, stylish frames available in three different colors: Classic Black, Modern Tortoise, and Horizon Blue.
They have a long-lasting battery with up to 4 hours of continuous audio playback or 3.5 hours of continuous talk time at 80% of volume. Echo Frames are designed for different purposes such as listening to the audio, controlling your smart home, checking the news, and reminders.
You can use the VIP filter to listen to any notification you want to hear from any app and Alexa will alert you if any new notification pops up. It is recommended to check with your preferred eyewear professional because Echo Frames do not ship with prescription lenses. You’ll need to have your prescription added.
You have to in-person share the “Echo Frames Optician Guide” with your preferred eyewear professional to get prescription lenses for your Echo Frames. You can get a prescription lens for Echo Frames either in person as mentioned above or visit any LensCrafters location, or you can even order online from boomerang-lenses.com.
- Many vision insurance providers offer reimbursements for Echo Frames.
- Echo Frames are lightweight and comfortable.
- Designed to protect your privacy.
- Provides one year warranty.
- Some smartphones are not compatible with Echo devices such as Honor 4C, Honor 7X, Phone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, and so on.
- Unprescribed usage of these frames may cause side effects.
4. Smart Thermostat with Echo Show 5 (2nd Gen)
If it gets too cold in your house during the winter, the Amazon Smart Thermostat will be a good addition to your smart home setup. It is a device that controls the temperature of your home. It comes along with Echo Show 5 (2nd Gen), enabling you to control this thermostat smartly via Alexa.
You can upgrade your traditional thermostat with Amazon Smart Thermostat as it helps you reduce your energy usage. It is one of the most reliable products, backed by 130 years of experience. Upgrading your home with a smart thermostat will benefit you by saving an average of $50 on yearly bills as you can claim rebates according to the details available from the energy providers in your area.
If it’s your first time owning a smart thermostat, installation is very easy so you don’t have to worry about unboxing the device. Plus, Alexa is programmed to automatically adjust the temperature to suit your preference.
- The Amazon Smart Thermostat is “ENERGY STAR” certified.
- They provide 24/7 customer service via phone, chat, or email.
- Made with Honeywell Home Thermostat Technology- perfectly reliable.
- Easy to install.
- They are not compatible with electric baseboard heat.
- It requires a C-wiring or power adaptor kit.
5. Ring Video Doorbell with Echo Show 5 (2nd Gen)
One of the top concerns while buying a home is the security system. You will want to ensure that your home is protected with a reliable security system. Amazingly, the Ring Video Doorbell helps you monitor your home at all times.
Your Echo device alerts you when your video doorbell detects motion, and with Alexa by your side, it enables you to see, hear, and speak to anyone at your door from anywhere. Additionally, you can also use “Live View” to check in on your home at any time.
It is designed to save time with the help of pre-selected quick replies so that you can ask your visitors to leave a message when you are busy. Further, it provides two-way audio with noise cancellation.
- It provides 1080p HD video, crisper night vision, and customizable motion zones.
- It runs on a built-in rechargeable battery.
- Available in two colors: Satin Nickel and Venetian Bronze.
- Three-step installation process.
- It provides instant notification.
- It requires a Ring Protect Plan to record all your videos, review what you missed, and share videos and photos.
- It requires high-speed internet connectivity.
Frequently Asked Questions on Amazon Echo Accessories
1. Is Amazon Echo always listening?
In short, the answer is yes, Alexa is always listening to you. Alexa might have a hunch that nobody’s home when your phone leaves your home area. Also, Alexa might have a hunch that everyone is asleep when no one interacts with the internet during the night. Therefore, Alexa is always listening, and it learns from your daily interactions and improves over time.
2. What accessories can I get for Alexa?
If you want to make the best use of Amazon Echo and put Alexa assistant to work, check out these accessories below that you can use with your smart speakers.
* Amazon Smart Thermostat: This is an easy-to-install Energy-Star certified thermostat from Amazon that helps you reduce your energy usage.
* Ring Video Doorbell: It provides 1080p HD video, crisper night vision, and customizable motion zones. It is powered by a built-in rechargeable battery or wires to the existing doorbell line.
Final thoughts on Amazon Echo Accessories
If you are looking to up your ways in your smart home, you must try these amazing Amazon Echo Accessories. With the list above you can be assured that it will help you use Alexa in the most useful and better way.
Hopefully, our list will help you live your everyday life even more comfortably. If we missed out on an important accessory, tell us in the comment section below!