Music plays a vital role in the lives of many people. Some listen to music to relax after a long day, others use it to energise themselves during exercise, and some want to sing out of celebration or powerful emotions.
Music streaming services are popular for this reason, and the most famous ones where you can listen to music are Amazon Music and Spotify. However, many may choose one or the other without knowing the differences and benefits of both. If you currently use neither, making a decision could also come with difficulty until you know what separates them and where they overlap.
That’s where this article can help. It focuses on the differences between Amazon Music and Spotify to help you understand which one is best for your needs and which one you should rely on to get the best possible music streaming experience.
Amazon Music vs Spotify Music!!! Let’s dive right in
What is Amazon music?
Amazon Music is a music streaming platform and online music store that is controlled by amazon. It was the first store to sell music without digital rights management (DRM) outof four major music labels.
Amazon Music offers a free membership without a prime membership so you can listen to the top playlists and thousands of stations on its app for free.
However, it does offer bonuses for Prime members, such as ninety million songs, over fifteen million podcast episodes, and free offline downloads without ads.
Amazon Music Categories
The below listed are Amazon Music Categories
- Amazon Music (Free with Ads)
- Amazon Music Prime
- Amazon Music Unlimited
- Digital Music Store
- Music Library Service
Availability of Amazon Music Around the World
It is available throughout most of the world, such as the Americas, parts of East Asia and Oceania, and most of Europe.
Steps to Download Amazon Music
- First, open the amazon music app, and open the album that you wish to download.
- Choose the song from the drop-down menu under my music.
- Go to imported or purchased to see all the music you have.
- Next to the song, there will be a download icon, click to download.
- You can also drag or drop-down tracks and albums to the download part of the right sidebar’s action section.
How to Use Amazon Music
Go to music.amazon.com, and sign in using your Prime membership details. For iOS and Android, you may download the amazon music app. From there, you can start discovering and compiling a playlist of your favorite music and shows.
Alexa can help you play the song which strikes your mind with a simple command. You can just say “Alexa, play music for dancing” to enjoy an appropriate song.
Growth of Amazon Music
The growth of Amazon music users increases with every passing year, and you may view this chart to understand the full scale.
What is Spotify?
Spotify is one of the largest music streaming services providers with over 433 million monthly active users, including 188 million paying subscribers as of 2022. It is a digital music, podcast, and video service that gives you access to millions of songs and other content from creators throughout the world. It comes with basic features like playing music for free with some occasional ads.
You can also upgrade to Spotify Premium to remove ads and download songs to up to five devices and comes with various payment plans to suit your needs.
Spotify Premium Plans
- Premium individual
- Premium Student
- Premium Family
Through some research, Spotify has found out that a large percentage of pet owners specifically play tunes for their pets. Spotify now features a tool to help you to create playlists for your lovely pets and helps you customize their playlist.
- First, visit the Spotify playlist mini-site.
- Log in to your account.
- Tap to choose your pet whether it is a dog, cat, iguana, hamster, or bird.
- Choose a mood and add some information about your pet.
- Add your pet’s name.
- Click to create the playlist and start listening to the tune.
Availability of Spotify Around the World
Spotify is made available everywhere such as in Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, South America, and Oceania.
Steps to Download Spotify
- First, go to the Spotify page in your browser.
- Tap on the “Spotify” free button on the left side of the page. For some countries, the free option is not available.
- Enter your sign-in information, which includes email, confirm email, password, username, date of birth, and gender.
- Now you must answer the verification questions.
- Click the green button, which is on the bottom of the page. By doing so, you can log in to Spotify. If you are on a desktop, signing up will set up a Spotify file to download.
- So now the Spotify app is ready for use, tap on the app. For desktop, double click on it to open it.
- Log in to Spotify by entering your username and password. Then tap on log in.
You can now see the main page of Spotify, and you’re ready to hear your favorite songs.
How to Use Spotify?
- First, review the home page, where you can see the suggested artists, popular playlists, and new music.
- You can now access the library, it will show you the playlists, stations, songs, albums, artists, downloads and local files.
- Tap radio to open spotify’s radio feature, where you can search your favorite artists, genres or albums.
- Tap on the search bar for specific artists, songs, or albums. You can also find your friends usernames or podcasts.
- Look up for an artists and tap shuffle play for different songs. Click save to save your music.
- Go back to home page and your ready to create you own playlist.
Growth of Spotify
Spotify saw an incrase of 22% in 2021, which continues its impressive growth of tripling its revenue from the past five years.
Amazon Music Vs. Spotify
Amazon Music and Spotify both provide users with similar quality for their free plans.
They provides good quality for their users using both phones and desktops while listening to the music with their earbuds. For the paid plans, Amazon music performs as well as Spotify in audio quality.
Amazon Music HD’s superior quality has an increased sound performance. To enjoy it, you need higher-end speakers or headphones with a wired connection to your playback device. Another notable feature is CD-quality streaming.
Although Spotify doesn’t offer a CD-quality plan, the service will add that option, Spotify-HiFi, in a future update. However, the sound quality of the music is similar on both platforms. Both Amazon Music and Spotify have a navigation bar at the bottom of the page that includes a home screen, search, and library of music.
As most of the users use these apps through their phones, these apps also offer services on desktops and offer nearlythe same features. Amazon music’s mobile app also includes a voice assistant.
Spotify does offer a “Hey Spotify” feature to its users to find artists or songs through voice search. Amazon Music and Spotify also offer the lyrics of the song that’s currently playing to offer a karaoke-like experience to its users.
Spotify also has a clear edge when it comes to its music. If you don’t know what to listen to, it creates playlists based on your preferred genres and current mood. The playlist has an “Enhance” button which randomly adds songs that are similar to the songs that you listen to.
The “recently played” options help users to find the last played songs which also helps in following your friend and sharing your favorite songs with them.
- Top Best 6 Outdoor Adventure Apps in 2022 (Highest Rated)
- Customize Your Text Message Background: 7 Best Apps & More
- 10 Best Productivity Apps for Android-Top Picks
The Bottom Line
Both platforms offer compelling features and prices which gives customers a tough choice to decide which one.
Ultimately, the decision is on you, but the best plan of action is to take advantage of your Amazon Prime account if you have one or are planning to sign up for one, as Prime members get Amazon Music’s streaming services as part of their plan. However, if you want to listen to music for free or want more detailed suggestions on which songs to listen to according to your preference, then Spotify is the better choice.
With this information, you should now know which streaming service is the best option for you and your needs. Feel free to comment your thoughts down below in regards to the service you choose and why you enjoy it.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I transfer my Amazon Music to Spotify?
Start by selecting Amazon Music as a source music platform and select the next destination, which is the Spotify streaming service. Once you pick your playlists and albums for the migration process, it will transfer them in a few minutes or less.
Why is Spotify so popular?
Spotify is popular because it simplifies music streaming and is free. It also offers multiple payment plans for premium users and allows you to download music to up to five devices.
How does Amazon Music make money?
If you are a musical artist, and someone streams your music on Amazon, you receive a proportionate share of Amazon’s subscription revenue per month. Through this agreement, artists can make some money through their royalties, depending on the number of streams.