6 Best HDMI 2.1 Cables To Enhance Your Visual Experience in 2023
What is HDMI 2.1? The latest version of the High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) succeeds HDMI 2.0, which was introduced in 2015.
HDMI 2.1 offers:
- 48Gbps bandwidth with resolutions up to 10K
- High Frame rates
- Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)
- Dynamic HDR
- High Refresh Rates
- Enhanced gaming experience with Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), and Quick Frame Transport (QFT)
- Above all, the latest version of the cable is backward compatible (i.e, it supports all other previous versions of the HDMI cables).
HDMI 2.1 may sound like a simple version upgrade from 2.0, but the cable supports video resolutions up to 10K, which is just one of the many improvements.
You may wonder, 10K video resolution? Is that even possible?
At present, there is no such content available in 10K resolution. However, the 2.1 version is capable of handling them with ease. The current version of TVs and PS devices support 8K video resolution graphics at 60 FPS and 4K at 120 FPS.
If you’re willing to buy the 2.1 cables, you should be able to differentiate the product from the rest.
- 5 Best Android to HDMI Adapters
- 3 Best USB C Dock for Android – Expand the Capabilities
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 – Is It Better Than Its Predecessor?
What are the Major Differences between HDMI 2.0 and 2.1?
|Video Resolution||4K 60Hz||8K 60Hz, 4K 120Hz|
|Bandwidth||18 Gbps||48 Gbps|
|Compatibility||1.4 and lower||Backward-compatible 2.0 and lower|
|Additional features||ARC||eARC, VRR, QMS, QFT, ALLM|
Concurrently, to identify a genuine cable, ensure your product satisfies the following list.
- The name Ultra High-Speed HDMI cable must be written all over the product and packing.
- It should have a description of video resolutions, namely 8K-60Hz, and 4K-120Hz.
- It needs an HDMI cable certification, hologram, or even a QR code.
List of HDMI 2.1 Cables
1. JSAUX CV0015
- The CV0015 Ultra High-Speed cable has a braided design on the cable that prevents tears or damage to the cable and has a lifespan of 10000+ bends.
- The cable is built with a tinned copper core protected by aluminum foil shielding and tinplate casing.
- The connector ends are gold-plated for corrosion resistance.
- It is compatible with lower video resolutions, basically any device with an HDMI port, such as TVs, Xbox Series, PCs, PS5s, Projectors, etc.
- It supports eARC, 32 audio channel mixers, high-end audio configurations, and devices that support Dolby Atmos, ARC, DTS, etc.
- The product is available in different lengths (3ft, 6ft, 10ft, 15ft, and 25ft).
|Item weight||170 grams|
|Special feature||Braided, plated connector ends, high-speed|
|Cable type||HDMI, Ethernet|
|Compatible devices||PC, Laptop, TV, Gaming Console, Monitor|
2. Monoprice HDMI Cord
- Monoprice is an Ultra High-Speed HDMI 2.1 cable that renders uncompressed video resolutions, 8K resolution at 60Hz, 48 Gbps, eARC, dynamic HDR, etc.
- It ensures the compatibility of all upcoming 2.1-supported devices.
- The braided design on the cable improves the durability of the product when compared with ordinary cables that easily fail when subjected to wear and tear.
- It offers Next-Gen performance for Next-Gen devices and gaming consoles.
- The cable is even compatible with 3D High Definition content.
- The connector ends of the cable are gold-plated to ensure corrosion resistance.
|Item weight||14 grams|
|Special feature||Braided, gold plated connector ends|
|Compatible devices||PlayStation, Xbox|
- Best Surge Protectors in 2023 For Better Protection
- How To Play Old PC Games On Your Android Device in 2023
- 2 Easy Methods to Cast Android to TV in 2023 (without Chromecast)
3. iBirdie Cable
- The iBirdie HDMI 2.1 cable provides seamless data transfer at 48 Gbps, 8K video resolutions and it is backward compatible with low resolutions up to 1080p 60Hz videos.
- It serves multiple purposes such as in-home theater setups with high-definition audio, office meetings at high transfer rates, and immersive gaming experience without lag.
- The product is compatible with any device that has an HDMI port.
- It is made of double Nylon braided material that offers excellent grip during plug and plays, alloy shell material, and gold-plated connector ends for corrosion resistance.
- With 3D transmission, bring back the visual effects with this cable.
|Item weight||212 grams|
|Special feature||Braided design, corrosion resistance, wear and tear proof|
|Compatible devices||Laptop, PC, Projectors, Gaming Consoles, etc.|
4. UGreen Cord
- The UGreen 2.1 HDMI cable is made of ABS, a thermoplastic polymer that offers heat resistance, abrasion resistance, and good electrical characteristics.
- The cable is capable of rendering videos at high resolution up to 8K 60Hz, the bandwidth of 48 Gbps data transfer rate, gaming experience in auto low latency modes, and more.
- The product is highly durable and tested for over 25000 flexes.
- This will be perfect for high definition cinematic experience with Dolby Vision or Dolby Atmos sound effects.
- This product is available in different sizes 3ft, 6ft, 10ft, and 16ft.
|Item weight||130 grams|
|Special feature||Braided ABS material, 25000+ flex proof|
|Compatible devices||PC, VR, Xbox 360, TV, PS5, etc.|
5. Cable Matters
- Cable Matters is an Ultra High Speed HDMI certified 2.1 cable that supports 8K (7680X4320) video resolution, 48 Gbps bandwidth, 1.536 kHz +eARC audio, HDR color depth, and HDCP 2.3.
- It is available in different colors which is helpful to distinguish between connections.
- The product has official HDMI certification to meet the demands of high-end 8K performance requirements.
- The product build includes an easy-grip connector housing, gold-plated connector ends, molded strain relief, and a flexible PVC jacket cable.
- It is available in sizes 3ft, 6ft, and 10ft.
|Item weight||340 grams|
|Special feature||Braided PVC material, strain-relief, easy-grip|
|Compatible devices||TV, Monitor, PlayStation, Xbox|
6. Capshi HDMI 2.1
- The Capshi HDMI 2.1 cable is a double Nylon braid-made product that offers excellent grip, aluminum alloy shielding, and gold-plated plugs.
- It is a game-ready product that offers stable 8K at 60Hz support and active VR mode, VRR, QFT, HDCP 2.3, and much more.
- It has universal compatibility and can be plugged into any device with an HDMI port.
- The key feature of this product is that it eliminates black screens and flickering.
- It is available in different sizes 3ft, 6ft, 10ft, 15ft, and 20ft.
|Special feature||Double Nylon braided, universal compatibility, gold-plated plug|
|Compatible devices||TV, Monitor, Laptop, Projector, PC|
- How to Watch Netflix on FaceTime in 2023 – A Useful Guide in 2023
- Apple HomePod Mini- Best Choice of 2023
- Top 5 Gaming Gadgets That Transform YOUR Gaming Setup
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does the HDMI quality differ concerning cable length?
Yes, the cable does face buffering and lag while transferring data over 50 feet. That’s why it’s hard to find cables longer than 25 feet in stores.
Is HDMI 2.1 worth it?
A definite Yes, the 2.1 version is probably the futuristic tech support we have right now, as content at 10K is still not available. Not to mention the eARC support, ALLM, VRR, and many more features.
Is there any change in the port design for Ultra High Speed cables?
HDMI 2.1 cables come with the standard HDMI interface and cannot be plugged into a display or mini HDMI ports.
Are HDMI 2.1 cables expensive?
The Ultra High-Speed cables are priced reasonably concerning the features and tech support.
That’s pretty much it about HDMI 2.1 cables.
Still not convinced?
Well, you shouldn’t be since all the displayed products are top-rated certified HDMI cables. You won’t be disappointed buying any of them.
Share your thoughts on the HDMI 2.1 upgrade and which product you would recommend in the comments section.