7 Best Music Player Apps for Android
We all know this…
Every Android smartphone comes with a default music player.
As a matter of fact, it would be surprising if your phone doesn’t have one.
We sometimes look for an alternative music player to enjoy our favorite songs.
Because some default music player is not rich with amazing features.
You know what else?
There are default music players that lack sort by view, edit tags, and other tools that are necessary for your musical needs. Some of these applications support media streaming and some allow you to listen to music offline for free.
You have to take note that this list of music player apps for your Android device is not in order. We recommend you to choose one that suits your needs.
Related: Best Android Music Player
1. Musicolet Music Player
The Musicolet music player is a free app with several amazing features that you cannot find with any free music player apps.
Being a free app means it does not have any in-app purchases and advertisements that can distract you from enjoying your music. It is one of the best music players for Android because of the functionality and experience it provides to its users.
Advanced features of Musicolet Music Player:
- Multiple Queues: The only music player that supports multiple queues. You can freely create 20 queues while you are listening to another queue.
- Tag editor+: You have the power to edit tags and music albums of multiple songs
- Earphone controls: You can command Musicolet music player with the use of your earphones. Click once to pause or play the music, click twice to play the next music, and click thrice to go to the previous music.
- Embedded Lyrics and supports .lrc files: You do not have to search for your favorite song’s lyric. It supports lyrics embedded in audio files ID3 tag and .lrc files for offline synced lyrics.
- Sleep timers: You can enjoy your favorite music while going to sleep and not worry about your battery because you can set it to close after a number of hours or after a number of songs.
- No ads. Yes, you read it right. Musicolet is a completely free music player without ads.
Before you install Musicolet Music Player, you have to remember that the app only supports local audio files that are already downloaded. The app does not support streaming and downloading music.
2. Poweramp Music Player
Among many of the users consider Poweramp music player as one of the best music player for Android. It has stylish customized themes that can make your music player look as nifty as you like.
Advanced features for Poweramp:
- 10-band optimization graphical equalizer
- Supports Hi-Res Output that is supported by the Android device
- Supports lyrics and allows you to search lyrics via plugin
- Tag Editor: Allows you to edit and fill out missing tags on the music file.
You can use this app to listen to your music with a customizable music player or tweak your music. The Poweramp music player gives you the privilege to enjoy its FULL featured trial for 15 days!
MediaMonkey can effortlessly handle thousands of videos and audio tracks as it is a heavyweight application. You can listen to files to any stored location, may it be from local storage, network device, disk, or streamed online.
When you first installed MediaMonkey, it will ask you to configure some settings about your media files and media library to share with other devices on your network. However, setting up the application is just easy, you only have to do a few tweaks. It will surely cater to your musical needs.
Related: 10 Best Android App Players for PC
Advanced features of MediaMonkey:
- MediaMonkey for Windows: You can wirelessly sync your playlists, videos, and tracks.
- Sleep Timer
- Supports Chrome cast or UPnP/DLNA devices
- Supports Android Auto
- Compatible with third-party scribblers
You can enjoy MediaMonkey as one of the best music players for Android for free, or you can have unlimited access to its premium features for $2.49. MediaMonkey Pro unlocks all the free trial functionality and provides add-on features.
The Neutron is not like any other music player you have ever used! For most audiophile users, Neutron is the best music player apps for Android. You can render your music at a higher quality and with enhancements. You can surprisingly adjust the pitch and tempo of the music!
Advanced features of Neutron:
- Supports .lrc files
- Parametric Equalizer
- Replay Gain
- Sleep Timer: Sleep and Wake
- supports Hi-Res Audio devices
- Streams audio
- Time Delay
- Dithering (minimize quantization)
You have to take note that the free trial of Neutron is only limited to 5 days. That’s already the right period of time to evaluate whether you would have the paid version of Neutron music player or not.
5. Phonograph Music Player
The user interface of Phonograph is simple yet beautifully designed, its color matches according to the on-screen content. It does not only play your favorite music, but it also organizes audio, edit MP3 tags, and create playlists.
Advanced features of Phonograph:
- Tag Editor: You can easily edit the music tags for a song or whole album. Phonographs can also fill missing covers by automatically download album covers or choose one from the device’s internal storage.
- Last.fm Integration: Phonograph scrobbles with Last.fm app to automatically fill out additional information about the artists and images.
- Customizability: There is a built-in theme that you can choose from to have the best looking music player.
Aside from its advanced features, Phonograph also has the standard features that you can experience with other music players. Download Phonograph for an easy, familiar and clean interface for your alternative music player.
6. Pulsar Music Player
The Pulsar music player is one of the best music player apps for Android preferred among users. Its simple yet beautifully designed UI caught the attention of the users. It gives you the freedom to choose different themes.
Its library can be sorted by artist, genre, folders or album. One of its key features are the necessary components to give you your musical needs: supports gapless playback, renders music visualizing, ReplayGain, equalizer, crossfade, and built-in Meta tag editor.
Advanced features of Pulsar:
- Supports Google Chromecast
- Supports Android Auto
- Supports Google voice command
- Music visualizer rendering
- Sleep Timer
- Last.fm scrobbling
If you want to know more about how to navigate through this music player application, you can browse their online user manual. Pulsar Music Player is the right option for those who are looking for a lightweight, minimalistic music player.
What are the most common audio file formats?
There are several audio file formats, however, the most common are MPEG Layer-3 (mp3) and wave (wav) files.
Why are amplified basses distorted over Bluetooth?
If you want to experience a deep bass through Bluetooth, you have to disable ‘Bluetooth Absolute Volume’ in Developer Options to avoid distorted effects. Moreover, you can also change it through sound settings depending on your Android device.
Audiophile Android users will surely have a lot of music player apps to choose from. There’s Google Play Music, a default music player that offers cloud streaming and traditional features of a music player.
But, if you are looking for a music player that gives you more of your musical needs, then pick from one of the best music players for Android.
Did you find this list of best music player apps for Android helpful? You can share your experience in the comments below. Also, if we overlooked some of the best music player apps for Android, share to us what you know in the comments. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends.
I’m surprised you didn’t make mention of high resolution formats which are coming down the pike. They are increasing in popularity daily. The music players you mentioned are basic. A couple offer high res playback, but in order to enjoy these files to their potential, your phone must have a high res DAC.
Please try Stellio Music Player. It is amazing:)