A List of the Best Smart Shoes of 2022┃Top 5
We are now living in a digital age where almost everything is automated or has the potential to be automated using modern technology. From smartphones, smart home devices, smartwatches, and now smart shoes.
What are they? What are the features of a smart shoe? If you have these questions in your mind about them, you are not alone. If you want to learn more about smart shoes, then look no further.
In this article, we will discuss everything smart shoes and the unique features that make them “smart”. Also, we will be giving you the best ones in the market today. So, let’s now dive right into it.
What are smart shoes, and what are their features?
Smart shoes are shoes that utilize tech to make them more comfortable for the user. Aside from being footwear, a smart shoe has sensors embedded into it to track the wearer and understand the behavior and their walking patterns to improve the overall experience.
Smart shoes these days come equipped with a lot of cool and useful features. These are the features that many smart shoes provide:
- Smart shoes can track your movement using sensors inside them. They can measure your activity levels by tracking the number of steps you took, your walking or running pace, calories burned, etc.
- Smart shoes can track your geolocation by tracking you using GPS that is embedded within the shoe.
- These shoes have pressure sensors that measure your weight and detect whether you have them on.
- Some smart shoes have environment-tracking sensors built in so that they can detect what type of atmosphere you are in.
- Smart shoes also can connect to your smartphone or tablet using Bluetooth. You can check your shoe data and also get insights regarding your activities using an app.
List of The Best Smart Shoes
These are some of the best smart shoes you can buy.
1. Nike HyperAdapt 1.0
The Nike HyperAdapt 1.0 is a technological masterpiece created by Nike. These smart shoes have sensors built inside that electronically adjust to the form of your feet.
It provides comfort according to the unique contour of your feet. The Nike HyperAdapt is an impressive piece of tech wear that uses adaptive lacing technology to automatically tie the laces. It has sensors inside that detect when someone wears it.
- Adaptive Fit – The shoe basically adapts according to the wearer’s foot movements.
- Has LED lights on the side that light up.
- Self-lacing shoes that work with a motor built inside.
2. Under Armour HOVR Sonic 4
The Under Armour HOVR Sonic 4 smart shoes are ideal for people who like to go for long runs. These smart shoes are embedded with a chip and can be connected to Under Armour’s app called MapMyRun.
The MapMyRun app gives real-time data to the user regarding their fitness activities. The HOVR Sonic 4 is best for runners who go long distances and require lightweight and breathable shoes.
- The tech built inside gives data and coaching for better performance.
- Breathable and comfy material
- Made up of durable and high-quality materials
3. Xiaomi Mijia
If you think Xiaomi only has smartphones, tablets, appliances, and other gadgets to offer, you are wrong. They also offer an excellent smart shoe.
The Xiaomi Mijia has a simple and clean design, yet not too flashy. The Xiaomi smart shoe is not waterproof, though, which is something to keep in mind before going out in the rain.
On a positive note, the chip inside the smart shoe is IP67 waterproof. So, even if you get wet the chip won’t get damaged. However, we’re not recommending you soak your pair in water.
To get the most out of the Xiaomi Mijia, you can install the Mi fit app. You can connect your shoes by simply shaking them which will activate the chip inside. The chip collects data during activities like walking, running, cycling, running, and climbing. And all these data recorded will be available on the Mi fit app.
- IP67 waterproof chip.
- Compatible with Mi fit app.
- Comfortable to wear.
- Features a minimal design.
Feetme specializes in making smart insoles for shoes. They are one of the most advanced medical-grade insoles available.
You can buy the best size for your shoe and attach them to it. It uses inductive charging technology to power up. Feetme also has wireless connectivity to connect to a mobile device using an app seamlessly.
It has a thin and light design that easily fits with any shoe. One impressive feature of the Feetme is it has 18 pressure sensors to monitor the movement and activities of the user and provides precise data.
- Thin and light design.
- Clinically validated.
- Has magnetic inductive charging support.
- Wireless Bluetooth connectivity.
- Has 18 pressure sensors for accurate data.
- Available in various sizes for easy fit.
The Digitsole is a true smart shoe in and out. The shoe is feature packed with loads of cool and exciting ones. Tech enthusiasts would love this shoe because of the amount of tech it provides.
The shoe has Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity that enables the user to get statistics and insights from the shoe by downloading the Digitsole smartphone app. Digitsole has movement sensors placed cleverly inside the shoe that tracks and keeps important data. It can track your steps, calories, posture, and much more. You can use all this information to analyze and improve your health.
When it comes to design, the shoe has a futuristic look to it. Another brilliant feature of the Digitsole smart shoe is that it can close the pad automatically. It can also change the temperature inside the shoe by regulating the heat pad placed inside the shoe. Digitsole is an exciting and innovative smart shoe that offers some useful and creative features.
- Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity.
- Dedicated app for data and statistics.
- Has multiple sensors to measure various body activities.
- Features a heating pad to regulate the temperature.
- Has a self-lacing feature (Pad).
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do smart shoes work?
Smart shoes have various sensors placed inside that track movement, temperature, environment, and more. It uses these sensors to adapt according to the changes. The pressure sensors that are placed inside detect when someone places their foot inside the motors and the wires automatically laces the shoes.
2. What are the benefits of smart shoes?
There are several benefits of wearing smart shoes. They are:
1. The sensors inside provide data regarding the user’s activities.
2. Smart shoes have an integrated app where you can track your data and get detailed insights.
3. Some smart shoes can tie the laces automatically to make things convenient for the wearer.
3. What are the disadvantages of a smart shoe?
There are some disadvantages to owning a smart shoe. They are:
1. Smart shoes are expensive since they require more time and money to make. Plus, they use a technology that collects the data and makes real-time reports.
2. They have a limited production run.
3. Some smart shoes may have limited features that are not worth the price.
Smart shoes can change your life through little things like automatically adapting the cushion, softness, and rigidity according to the contour of the foot. These small things can go a long way toward comfortable and healthier wear.
Smart shoes are incredibly useful for people who like sports. They offer a lot of support and comfort for longer durations. But it’s also appropriate for users who are keen on getting up on their feet and exercising.
If you are willing to spend the cash, then you will find that smart shoes have a lot to offer.
Do you own a pair? Or are you planning to buy it? Which among the smart shoes in this list is your bet? Comment down your answer!