Transferring Chat history From Android to iOS With WhatsApp
WhatsApp has now made it easier for users to transfer chat history in no time. If you are looking to switch between Android to iOS, you need not worry about your WhatsApp chats. This announcement was made by Mark Zuckerberg on his Facebook post stating that WhatsApp is finally making it possible for android users to transfer chat history and other data between iOS and Android while maintaining end-to-end encryption.
WhatsApp remains one of the best messaging apps on android and iOS. The possibility to transfer from iPhone to Android was made available in 2021. Now that this new feature is launched, retrieving or transferring chats can be made easier for android and iPhone users. But, you will have to make use of the Move to iOS app from the Playstore to transfer data from Android. But unfortunately it seems that users will not be able to transfer Whatsapp chats using the app.
The biggest reason why users found difficulty in transferring data from Android to iOS in WhatsApp is because these operating systems have two different cloud services to backup WhatsApp chats and other data, so iPhone users especially had hard time switching over to android because they are integrated to Apple’s ecosystem.
WhatsApp might soon bar you from forwarding messages in a new update
How does it work?
This upgrade helps with solving a long standing WhatsApp issue which is transferring chats between Android and iOS. To conquer this WhatsApp issue, You need to rest it right within iPhone settings. To start the transfer you need to run Android 5 or up on the android device and iOS 15.5 on your iPhone. Since Apple keeps updating new software versions with its older devices, this shouldn’t be a problem. Transferring data to a newer device is made possible with the following steps.
Steps involved in transferring Chat history From Android to iOS With WhatsApp:
- While setting it up on the iPhone, you need to make sure both devices are connected to a power source or a wifi network connection.
- Now, you need to reset your device in order to use the “move to iOS” app.
- Launch and open the Move to iOS app on your phone and follow the instructions given below,
- You need to enter the code on android that is shown on your iPhone and make sure to select Whatsapp within the transfer data screen.
- Click “Start” on your android device and wait till all your data is transferred from your android device to your iPhone. Wait till the app completes its process.
- Install the latest version of WhatsApp messenger on your phone from the app store and login using the same phone number used on your android device.
- Press “Start” and wait till all your older chats show up on WhatsApp.
To Transfer your chat history across different platforms, you need to manually enable end-to-end encryption backup option within WhatsApp for iPhone. Whatsapp now states, “taking your WhatsApp history with you between platforms requires additional work from WhatsApp and operating systems and device manufacturers to build it in a secure and reliable way”. It seems now it is able to overcome issues at least with Samsung devices.