How to Use Google Assistant Driving Mode? (A Detailed Guide)
Until now, Android Auto has been playing the role of a smart driving companion and helped you stay connected and entertained with the Google Assistant. But now, you can just use Google Assistant to be your smart driving companion. The new driving mode lets you maximize Google Assistant to its full potential with Google assistant driving mode feature.
Back in the olden ways, you use your Google Maps to navigate your way. However, the Assistant’s driving mode even eases your journey while driving. The new feature is making it easier to interact with other apps using only just your voice. This makes it safer for drivers because of the reduced handling of your phone.
With that said, this incredible feature has nothing but keep drivers and passengers safe in mind. Imagine having to fumble through your phone for maps while driving can become really unsafe. With Google Assistant’s driving mode, you can now focus on the road and keep your hands on the steering wheel.
And all this while still being able to keep you entertained with music and other apps. Do you want to know more about this very promising new feature? Well, you’re in luck! In this article, we will give you everything you need to know about Google Assistant’s driving mode including how you can use it.
So, without further ado, let’s begin!
- How to Reset Google Nest Mini (1st Gen & 2nd Gen)
- 4 Simple Ways to Fix Android Brightness Problems
- How to Read Deleted WhatsApp Messages on Android?- Easy Methods in 2022
What Are the Features of Google Assistant Driving Mode?
Google Assistant driving mode is a modified UI that enables you to access vital apps and functions easily. The main feature is that you can make calls and send messages without touching your phone. This lets you focus on the road and prevents you from putting yourself or others in danger.
Another notable feature is the flip side. This mode will read your messages and let you know who is calling. You can access the Google Assistant by saying, “Hey Google”, or by just tapping the Assistant icon at the bottom.
Lastly, acquiring Android Auto can be a bit costly whereas a perfect compensation for this can be Google Assistant driving mode. Now that you know the new Google Assistant driving mode take a quick look at the steps on how you can set it up and use it.
There are things to keep in mind while using Google Assistant driving mode. They are:
- Make sure you use an Android phone with version 9.0 or higher.
- You must make sure that you are navigating to a location in the United States. You can also navigate from one of these locations: the United Kingdom, Canada, France, Germany, India, Italy, Mexico, Australia, or Spain.
- Use an Android phone with 4GB RAM or more.
- Make sure you must be traveling at least 10 mph.
- Check whether your phone is in portrait orientation only.
Access the Assistant Driving Mode Settings
Isn’t it amazing when the most challenging process is conveyed in simple steps? Yes, now comes the time to activate and explore your new driving assistant. To make this simple we have described this whole process in a few steps.
Here’s how you access and use Google Assistant driving mode:
Step 1: Take your Android phone.
Step 2: Say, “Hey Google, open Assistant settings.”
Step 3: Tap Transportation
Step 4: Tap Driving Mode
By turning on the Driving Mode, you can have the Assistant manage your incoming calls and messages while driving.
How to Turn on Google Assistant Driving Mode on Google Maps?
Step 1: Open Google Maps.
Step 2: Click your profile in the upper right corner.
Step 3: Go to Settings.
Step 4: In the settings menu tap Navigation Settings.
Step 5: Select Google Assistant settings.
Step 6: Make sure the Driving Mode toggle is on. If not, make sure you turn it on.
After completing these steps, you will find a microphone icon and four squares at the bottom of the screen. It confirms that you have successfully activated your Driving Mode.
A Final Check on the Driving Mode Settings
- In the “When navigating in Google Maps” section, ensure the toggle is on because driving mode will launch when you start driving.
- In the “When connected to the car’s Bluetooth” section make sure you select either Ask before launching or Launch driving mode.
- In the “When driving is detected” section, you can select either Ask before launching or Do nothing.
- In the Driving Mode > General > “Hey Google” detection section make sure at least one of the toggles is turned on.
- Make sure in the calls and messages section you allow incoming calls and get messaging help while driving.
How to Turn Off Google Driving Mode?
Turning off Google Driving Mode is as simple as turning it on. Follow these steps to turn off your Google Assistant Driving Mode.
Step 1: Take your android phone.
Step 2: Say, “Hey Google, open Assistant settings.”
Step 3: Tap Transportation.
Step 4: Tap Driving Mode.
Step 5: Turn off the “When navigating in Google Maps” toggle.
Step 6: Tap “Do nothing” in the “When connected to the car’s Bluetooth” section and “When driving is detected” section.
The Driving Mode will no longer activate automatically. You can start it manually by saying “Hey Google, let’s drive.”
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I use Google assist while driving?
You can activate your Google Assistant while driving by saying “Hey Google.” You can also long-press the voice control button on your steering wheel compatible cars.
2. What is Assistant driving mode?
Google Assistant driving mode is a feature that keeps you safe on the road. As it minimizes handling your phone while driving you can be safe, and also keep your phone safer. The dashboard makes it easier to see at a glance and uses voice commands with the help of Google Assistant.
3. What happened to Android Auto?
Google has decided to give up on Android Auto for phones and replaced it with the all-new driving mode. This new feature bundled with Google Maps is powered by Google Assistant.
- Best 10 Free Movie Apps For Android (2022)
- Best 6 Spigen Cases in 2022 [Must Buy for every Android phone]
- 5 Top Calligraphy Apps for Android-Best Picks in 2022
Enjoy Your Drive with Google Assistant Driving Mode
Make every journey of yours comfortable with Google Assistant Driving Mode. Get easy access to your favorite music, calls, and messages with the help of your new Assistant. Google Assistant Driving Mode makes driving safer without being distracted by your phone.
This new feature reduces the risk of you being distracted while driving by properly managing your calls and messages. Google has decided to give up on Android Auto for phones and replaced it with the all-new driving mode. Now it’s our turn to explore this new feature powered by Google Assistant.
Did this article help you to activate your Google Assistant Driving Mode too easily? Let us know in the comment section below!