How to Hide Apps on Samsung Devices
Do you feel that your data is not safe while using your phone in public places? Is your Samsung phone displaying too many unwanted apps on your home screen or app drawer? Is your phone loaded with Bloatware apps that spoil your User Experience? Have you tried uninstalling the app but found out there is no proper option to do so?
Although it’s not entirely possible to delete or uninstall all those system apps, you can hide apps from your app drawer’s list. You can uninstall some pre-installed apps, including system apps, by long pressing on the app icon or from the settings menu. Using program commands like ADB (Android Debugging Bridge) will allow you to delete all the system apps that you select from your phone; however, the process is difficult for a beginner or a casual user to follow.
Need behind Hiding apps:
Why would someone want to hide an application from their phone?
- You don’t want to be exposed to other people who use your phone when there is any important information (regarding work, money transfer, bank details, personal media).
- Children should stay away from certain apps or games to avoid any unwanted in-game purchases.
In this article, we will have a quick overview of the steps involved in hiding the apps that you don’t want on your app drawer list.
- 10 Must-Have Apps for Samsung Gear S2 in 2022
- 9 Best Samsung Smart TV Apps – Download for Free [2022 Update]
- Best Way to Bypass FRP on Samsung devices
Methods to Solve this issue:
1. Using home screen settings:
- Go to the settings option from the home screen of your device.
- You can either long press anywhere on your home screen or pinch on your screen to start modifying the home screen.
- The different home screen optimization options will appear, allowing you to modify wallpapers and themes and add widgets.
- Click on “Settings.”
- Scroll down or look for the “Hide apps” option from the following menu.
- The list of all the apps installed on your phone will display in a floating manner.
- You cannot uninstall apps from this menu but can hide those that spoil your user experience.
- Choose the apps you don’t want to be displayed on your home screen or list of apps.
- Once you complete selecting all the unwanted apps, click “done” to hide the apps.
- If you want to unhide an app, you can follow the same procedures and de-select the apps that you want to display on your device.
2. Disable option:
To Disable apps that are unnecessarily running in the background and taking most of your RAM storage, you can do so by:
Settings > Apps > Select system app (apps you want to hide) > Disable
- Swipe up on your home screen to access the app drawer.
- Click “Settings.”
- Scroll down to select the “Apps” option.
- Not all ‘system apps’ or ‘bloatware apps’ can be hidden by the Disable option, as it may cause the phone to misbehave.
- Select the apps that have no specific impact on the overall performance of your device or the apps that you want to hide for a temporary period.
- For example, the above-displayed image shows that you can disable “My Galaxy” from the app’s settings menu.
- By disabling an app, you are restricting further access to your data.
List of Apps to hide on your Smartphone:
Apps are classified into different categories based on the purpose it serves you as a customer. In this sense, apps that contain your personal information in the form of media must be kept hidden. Apps that contain your credentials often come with security options but can be misused if it has security that is easily accessible, like fingerprint or face recognition. Therefore, apps containing sensitive information, such as bank credentials, have more reasons to be hidden on your Samsung phone.
Here is a category of apps that you need to Hide on your Samsung phone:
- Gallery (personal media)
- Messages (OneTimePasswords)
- Official bank apps
System apps that are non-relevant to the majority of the users include:
- Galaxy Store
- Galaxy themes
- Samsung Pay
- Samsung Health
- Samsung kids
- Samsung members
Frequently asked questions
Does Samsung provide a bloatware removal option?
No. You have to use an external program with the help of a personal computer.
Can I Hide apps on Samsung by using third-party apps?
Yes, you can hide apps on your Samsung device by installing a third-party launcher app.
Are hidden apps safe in Android?
With apps that you hide stored securely, there is no deletion of data.
When it comes to user-friendly and enhanced Android UI experiences, Samsung is ideal for providing quality products at reasonable prices. With the added functionality of every app, it is a challenge to keep apps installed on our phones selectively.
Customers often find Bloatware and system apps less useful in terms of taking up much storage and running in the background. The tough part is to satisfy the user experience of having all unwanted apps in sight.
Now that other popular brands have their own set of Bloatware and system apps; it is satisfying to know that a user can get those apps out of sight with the help of the hide apps option.
Have you tried this method and found it useful and working? Feel free to give feedback in the comment section.