How to Add Gift Cards to Apple Wallet? A Useful Guide in 2023
Apple wallet is a cool feature for iPhone users. You can avail many advantages if you know how to add gift cards to Apple Wallet if like keeping your important cards, rewards, and IDs safe, but also organized so you can use them all without much hassle.
Many of you reading this might wonder about how to add gift cards to your Apple Wallet and here you can find the best ways you can add your gift cards, coupons, or rewards to your Apple Wallet with ease.
- Android Pay Vs Apple Pay: Which Is Best For You
- 3 Trustworthy Gift Card Wallet Apps
- 5 Best Digital Wallet Apps for Android (Fast and Secure)
Here’s how to add gift cards to Apple Wallet:
- What is Apple Wallet?
- What things can the Apple Wallet store?
- Benefits of Apple Wallet
- How to Add Gift Cards to Apple Wallet? – Easy ways
- How to add gift cards to Apple wallet from an Email or Webpage?
- How to add gift cards to Apple Wallet by Syncing Apple Wallet in all your devices through iCloud settings?
- How to add gift cards to Apple Wallet using a third-party app?
What is Apple Wallet?
Apple Wallet, formerly known as Passbook, is a Digital Wallet that can be used to store your essential and important wallet passes you can easily access on a daily basis.
Apple Card’s main interface Apple Wallet was included in the iOS and was initially released as Passbook with iOS 6 and then changed to the name Wallet and released along with iOS 9.
You can get your Apple Wallet here:
What things can the Apple Wallet store?
- “Setup Apple Pay” – In this option, you can see the Cards for Apple Pay being stored, like Apple Card and Apple Cash.
- “Pay for Transit” – Apple Wallet can store Cards.
- “Unlock your Home, Car, and Hotel Room” – Apple Wallet can store Digital Keys that can be used to unlock your home, car, or even hotel rooms which have the facility of unlocking through digital keys.
- “Use your Driver’s License or State ID” – You can store your driver’s license and State ID too.
- “Use Student ID Cards” – Use this option If you are a student, you can keep your Student Identity Card.
- “Access your Workplace”- In case you’re an employee, you can keep your Employee ID stored in the Apple Wallet.
- “Add and Manage Passes” – Wallet You can also store your Rewarding cards, Tickets and even Boarding passes.
- “Use Vaccination Cards” – This option lets you save your vaccination records for easy access and follow-up.
- 10 Best wallet cases for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- The Best OnePlus 6 Wallet Cases: Our 12 Favorites
- Best Wallet Cases for the Nexus 6P to Wrap It Up and Keep It Safe
Benefits of Apple Wallet
- A major benefit of Apple Wallet is it saves you from the trouble of carrying all your passes, cards, tickets, licenses, and ID proof with you at all times.
- Apple wallet saves you from the risk of losing your important passes by keeping them as a soft copy.
- You can assign a few cards (credit or debit) to Apple Pay to make payments easily. This way, you don’t have to carry your Credit or Debit cards physically to make payments.
- The Apple wallet not only stores everything but also keeps it organized so you don’t have to struggle too much to find and use the needed passes on time.
How to Add Gift Cards to Apple Wallet? – Easy ways:
1. How to add gift cards to Apple wallet from an Email or Webpage?
One of the easiest and simplest ways you can add your gift cards is by adding them to your Apple Wallet using the email or web pages, through which you receive your gift cards.
You may follow these steps to add your Gift cards to your Apple Wallet through email or Web pages:
Step 1: You should first open the email or web pages through which you received your gift cards or coupons.
Step 2: There, you can look for the ‘Add to Apple Wallet’ with a particular logo option on the email or web pages from where you receive the Gift cards.
Step 3: You can directly add the Gift cards to your Apple Wallet using a link from Safari and if you add them on your iPhone, Mac, or any other Apple device. If you are adding them using a system or other devices that are not Apple, then you should enter your Apple ID and password on your Apple account.
Step 4: You can look for a QR Code if you can not find the “add to Apple Wallet” option on the platform, and this allows you to quickly add your gift cards to your Apple Wallet.
Step 5: If you directly add the gift cards through your iPhone you will get a pop-up message as the items are added to your Apple wallet. If you add gift cards using an iPad or Mac, it takes some time to sync with your iPhone via iCloud.
2. How to add gift cards to Apple Wallet by Syncing Apple Wallet in all your devices through iCloud settings?
Sometimes, when you add a gift card to the Apple Wallet using the iPad or Mac, the chances are the gift cards won’t show up on your iPhone as you did not add your gift cards directly on your iPhone. So what you must do is sync all your Apple devices via iCloud. Even if you only add the gift cards using your iPhone, syncing on iCloud is a good way to assure all your gift cards, coupons, and rewards will receive safe storage in iCloud.
Here are some simple steps you need to follow to sync your devices on iCloud to add gift cards and use them:
Step 1: Go to your iPhone settings and tap your ‘Name’ on the screen.
Step 2: Now go to iCloud and tap ‘Show all’ under ‘Apps using iCloud’.
Step 3: You can see ‘Wallet’ if you scroll down.
Step 4: Now you just need to make sure the ‘Wallet’ option is switched on.
Step 5: Follow these steps on all your devices whether iPad, Mac or iPod, etc., to sync them.
This way you don’t have to worry about your gift cards, coupons, or rewards not showing up on all your devices after you have added them.
3. How to add gift cards to Apple Wallet using a third-party app?
Many of the platforms that offer you the gift card won’t provide the ‘Add to Apple Wallet’ option or QR Codes. Instead, they need you to download their official iPhone app only through that app you can add your gift cards to your Wallet.
You can add your gift cards to Apple Wallet using these simple procedures:
Step 1: Go to the Apple store and search for the app of the brand you received gift cards from.
Step 2: Make sure it’s the original brand app and not some duplicate by checking the app’s credentials and descriptions.
Step 3: Also you should ensure the app supports Apple Wallet.
Step 4: If you are sure you have found the right app and if it supports the Wallet option, start downloading the app.
Step 5: You can open the app and sign in to the customer account by following the app’s instructions.
Step 6: You should look for the gift cards in the app and there will be an option ‘Add to Apple Wallet’ next to the gift card, if not, you can see what ways the app has given you to add gift cards to your Apple Wallet.
- The Evolution of Google Pay: Android Pay and Google Wallet
- 3 Ways To Quickly Operate Samsung Pay Swipe Up in 2023
- 10 of the Best Wallet Cases For The Samsung Galaxy S7
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Apple Pay and Apple Wallet?
Apple Wallet: You can use Apple Wallet as your wallet to keep your debit cards and credit cards, tickets and boarding pass, coupons, rewards, etc.
Apple Pay: You can use Apple Pay to make payments through the cards you have kept in Apple Wallet.
What is the benefit of Apple Wallet?
The important benefit of Apple Wallet is that you don’t have to carry physical cards, IDs, or tickets in your pocket all the time. You can store all types of cards and ID proofs with you on your iPhone and make payments directly through Apple Pay using the Credit or Debit card in your Apple Wallet which makes everything much more simple.
What happens if you add a gift card to Apple Wallet?
Apple Wallet can keep your passes and Gift base cards. But the merchants who issue the gift cards must support the Apple Wallet to add their gift card, which in some cases, makes you redeem the gift cards, so the merchants may require you to download their app, and then you can add it to the Apple Wallet from the merchant’s app.
As has been demonstrated,
Apple wallet can be helpful in so many ways in keeping your important cards and IDs safe. So, these are the ways you can easily add your gift cards to your Apple Wallet. You can also sync your devices with iCloud for more safe backups.
Now that you know all about Apple Wallet and how to add Gift cards to your wallet, what are you waiting for then? Add your gift cards to your Apple Wallet and enjoy using them whenever you need them.