MoneyGram on Android – A Detailed Guide
The MoneyGram MobilePass was launched as a pilot program in 3,000 agent locations in 2016. It made it easier for customers to send money online. But since then, MoneyGram on Android has made it possible for customers to access more and more services online.
So what are these services and how do you use them? Let’s find out below!
Table of Contents
- MoneyGram on Android – MoneyGram® Online Money Transfers App
- MoneyGram MobilePass
- MoneyGram Agent Locator
- Bill Payment Services and Pre-Paid Services
- Send Recurring Online Money Transfers
- Real-Time Updates
- MoneyGram Plus Rewards
- How to Send Money with MobilePass™
- Key Takeaway
MoneyGram on Android – MoneyGram® Online Money Transfers App
MoneyGram wanted to make sure that they keep on evolving so it can make money transfer easier for its customers. It’s important that they were able to compete with the leading best International Payment Apps on Android.
This is why they’ve worked hard to make MoneyGram on Android a possibility. Now, customers can enjoy the following services at the convenience of their Android phones. Here are the things that you can accomplish with MoneyGram® Online Money Transfers App.
This enables customers to initiate the fund transfer on their phones. If a money transfer is made through this, there’s no need to fill out forms. This is also only available to customers in the United States. We will be discussing a detailed step-by-step process on how to use this below.
MoneyGram Agent Locator
MoneyGram makes it easy for customers to find a physical agent near them. Their MoneyGram Agent Locator uses Google Maps to make it easier for customers to find their location. They can also access this using their browser by clicking on MoneyGram Agent Locator.
You can type in your location on the search bar or you can drag the map around to pinpoint your location.
Bill Payment Services and Pre-Paid Services
MoneyGram allows users to pay their bills like rent, car payments, and phone bills. All they have to do is log into MoneyGram on their phone’s browser and complete the process there. This feature is also only available to customers in the U.S. and Canada.
Send Recurring Online Money Transfers
MoneyGram® Online Money Transfers App allows you to schedule online money transfers so you don’t always have to do it manually. You can set the online money transfer on a weekly or monthly basis.
You will also be able to receive notifications concerning your money transfers. You’ll be updated on the status of the money you’ve sent or if you’re expecting to receive anything.
MoneyGram Plus Rewards
The MoneGraym Plus Rewards Program can help you get the most out of your transactions. You get a lot of discounts and other perks when you’re enrolled in this program.
You can apply for it in Post Office branches or in selected Tesco stores. Of course, you can also do this online through the MoneyGram app. You just need to tap on the SignUp button at the Plus Rewards section to join.
Here are the following rewards that you can get:
- 20% off on the fees of your 2nd money transfer
- 40% off on the fees of every 5th money transfer
- After your 5th qualifying transaction, you’ll get a MoneyGram Plus Rewards Premier status. This includes personalized rewards and other promotions.
How to Send Money with MobilePass™
This product by MoneyGram allows customers to do their transactions on their mobile devices. They can then complete the process by going to any one of MoneyGram’s agent locations in the United States. It’s one of the most convenient processes of MoneyGram on Android.
If you don’t want to use the app, you can always complete the process in your browser. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Open your preferred browser on your Android phone and go to start.moneygram.com.
- You will see 4 buttons there. There’s Start Sending Money, Start Paying Bills, Receive Money, and Learn More. Tap on Start Sending Money.
- MoneyGram will then ask for your phone number. Simply fill it in and tap on Enter.
- MoneyGram will then ask for your location so that it can provide you with a list of agents near you.
- Tap on the most convenient agent near you and tap on Choose Location.
- MoneyGram will then ask for the receiver’s information. Just fill out the needed information and tap on Next to proceed.
- You will then need to choose whether the money will be received through Cash Pickup or Account deposit.
- It will also ask you which of the option is the best for the receiver to get the money. Simply state the most convenient one for the receiver and then tap on Next to proceed.
- Indicate the amount that you want to send. MoneyGram will show you how much the receiver will get and the fees that will be incurred for the transaction. Tap on Next to proceed.
- MoneyGram will then ask for your personal information. Simply fill out the needed cells and then click Next.
- Because MoneyGram values the security of your money transfer, they show you a short reminder about scams. To proceed to the next step, tap on Almost Done.
- MoneyGram will show you a summary of all the information that you have input so you can double-check it.
- To make the whole process easier for you next time, MoneyGram offers the option for you to create a 4 digit pin. This will make MoneyGram remember your information. To continue, tap on Prepare Transfer.
- To complete the process, simply go to the MoneyGram location you’ve chosen and pay for your transfer.
How do I track the status of my transfer?
You can track the status of your transfer through the following ways:
– You can view your Transaction History and see the status of your transfer there. This only applies to users who have an online profile.
– If you don’t have an online profile, you can go to MoneyGram’s Track & Receive tool. Simply enter your reference or authorization number and your last name. This will then show the status of your transfer.
Does MoneyGram have transfer limits?
MoneyGram aims to protect every user so there are a variety of rules for this. These rules limits how much money and how many transfers can be done daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly.
The limit is based on different factors like market trends, security needs, and current laws and regulations. Because of this, the limits aren’t constant.
What should I do when I receive a limit error?
When this happens, you should contact Moneygram’s customer care team so they can assist you with your transfer.
Which countries can I send money to?
To check if the country you want to send money to is available, you can try checking their rates and fees. This will ask you the amount you want to send and which country will receive the money. There is a drop-down option of all the available countries so you can check there. You can also check this out on the MoneyGram® Online Money Transfers App.
How much money can I send online?
You can send up to $10,000 per online transfer for most countries. This applies cumulatively for 30 days.
What are the fees for sending money?
The fees vary depending on multiple factors. These factors include where you are sending, how much you’re sending, and how you’re paying for the transfer. Typically, the fees are lower if you pay with a bank account, provided that it’s a U.S. checking account. You can check out their Rates and Fees to see the actual rates. You can also check this out on the MoneyGram® Online Money Transfers App.
Can I send money directly to a mobile wallet?
You can send money directly to a mobile wallet in select countries. You can check if the mobile wallet you want to send money to is available, go to Rates and Fees. Input the estimated amount of money you’ll send and the country you’re sending it to. Select “Direct to Bank Account or Account Deposit” and you’ll see your options.
When will my receiver’s money be available for cash pickup?
The money transferred is typically available to be picked up after a few minutes. This depends on factors like operating hours, destination country, availability, local laws and regulations, and compliance requirements.
MoneyGram has been in the money transferring industry for decades now. They have established a trustworthy brand that has gained millions of loyal customers. With the advancement of technology, MoneyGram made sure to keep up with the changes.
This is why they have worked on making MoneyGram on Android available for all their customers. It brings their services in the palm of their customers’ hands. This makes it easier and more convenient to transfer money to different parts of the world.
Did you find this guide helpful? What other money transferring app would you like us to review? Tell us in the comments below!