Are you a person who loves hiking, camping, and exploring the outdoors? Exploring the wilderness is always fascinating. It gives us the feeling that we can’t get anywhere else. So, if you’re one to take outdoor trips, this article about outdoor adventure apps is for you!
We have compiled here the best outdoor apps that will help you guide your next adventure. These apps will help you navigate different trails and give you complete information about what you need to do.
Moreover, these apps will help you have a safe and guided trip worth enjoying with family and friends. With that said, let’s dive right in!
- 6 Best Free Rides Apps for Android – Download Now!
- 10 Best Medical Diagnosis Apps for Android
- Best 5 Fighting Games for Android in 2022
Plan Your Trip with these Outdoor Adventure Apps
Don’t you think mobile apps can be the best and easy way to plan your trips? These apps make your trips safe and you can manage life in the wilds. Wanna go out for a hike? Check out these amazing outdoor adventure apps to guide you through your best upcoming trails.
One of the renowned names in adventure apps is Komoot. You can plan your perfect hiking, mountain biking, and road cycling adventure with Komoot efficiently. Plan down every inch starting from the elevation profile to the cycling process with the route planner. You can stay connected with your trail without disturbance by listening to the navigation.
You can ensure that you always stay on your trail by downloading your planned outdoor adventures map. What’s more, you can even use the maps when offline. With the Komoot app, you can easily differentiate walking trails, paved roads, and land cover in one glance. You can also map your adventure trails with a GPS tracker. Build your adventure log and contribute photos, highlights, and tips to the community.
- Turn-by-turn Voice Navigation
- Offline maps are available for outdoor adventure.
- Share highlights, tips, and photos with the community and show you are a local expert.
- Seamless Sync Across Every Device.
If you are looking for an adventure app for Android and iOS platforms, then AllTrails is the best choice for you. You can discover hiking, biking, backpacking, and running trails worldwide with AllTrails. You can download offline maps from this free adventure app. With a GPS activity tracker, you can easily log your hike and record your outdoor adventure. You can filter the trial maps for dog-friendly and kid-friendly trials.
- Save your favorite trails.
- Explore the largest collection of hiking trails and mountain bike routes.
- Has a GPS activity tracker.
- You can explore all the trials and save your favorite one to check out.
Bergfex hiking and tracking is the perfect all-in-one app for your outdoor adventure. With the help of this high-rated app for hiking and other outdoor activities, the user can search for over 70,000 designations.
These thousands of designations include hiking, mountain bike tours, running courses, ski tours, cycling routes, and many more. What’s good is you can download your maps offline. With the favorite feature, you can easily access your most liked tours.
- Detailed topographical maps.
- More than 70,000 GPS-tours
- Great search functionality.
- Can download offline maps.
4. Gaia GPS
Gaia, one of the best off-roading apps, has been designed for you to explore the world of adventure. With this app, you discover hiking trails and plan your routes. Explore hundreds of professional maps and you can download offline maps and navigation tools for your next adventure. This is perfect because you can still navigate your way through when you hit a dead zone.
Gaia GPS app includes an altitude, elevation, and distance tracker for each hike. You can also leave a trail to find your way home. Additionally, weather prediction features help you stay ahead of changing conditions. Gaia GPS is the best app for you to view trail difficulty, direction, and conditions.
- Featured in countless publications like the New York Times, Washington Post, and GearJunkie.
- Download offline maps.
- Route planners help you to plan your trip.
- You can discover campgrounds and reserve sites right from the map.
Wikiloc Outdoor Navigation GPS app is a versatile app that helps you discover millions of outdoor trails around the world. It enables you to record your routes on a map. Moreso, you can even add text and photos to hiking and camping apps, which is Wikiloc itself.
You can enjoy offline topographic maps worldwide. You can turn your mobile into a GPS navigator, which will alert you if you go off-track. It also allows you to search trails by passing through areas. It also provides you with a weather forecast for a perfect outdoor adventure.
- Helps you explore millions of trails worldwide.
- Allows you to take pictures and upload them to your Wikiloc account.
- The offline topographic maps feature is for your use when you are without coverage or data.
- Live Tracking helps you to share your position in real-time with your family & friends.
Outdooractive is another incredible resource for off-roading apps. This versatile GPS trail navigation app allows you to view OS maps and save offline maps. You can access this app for all smartphones and tablets and enjoy a high-resolution display of all maps.
With Route planner, you can easily plan and create your trails based on your preferences. It gives you an option to add text and photos and share them with the community or privately with your friends. Furthermore, you can record your trail along with the duration, distance, altitudes, and interactive altitude. This app is the perfect companion for hiking, cycling, biking, walking, running, and other outdoor activities.
- Excellent in-class outdoor maps.
- Outdoor Route and Trail Planner help you plan easily and create your own trails.
- You can record your own tracks and trails.
- Enjoy the navigation function with speech output.
- Works without a data connection.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best hiking app?
Gaia GPS and AllTrails are some of the best hiking apps you can try to explore the world.
2. What does Gaia premium give you?
GAIA GPS Premium Membership gives access to sources like National Geographic Trails, international maps, and other specialized maps.
3. Is AllTrails free to use?
Yes, AllTrails’ Basic Membership is free. AllTrails provides two subscription options for its users- Basic Membership and Pro Membership. Its Basic Membership is free to use. The Pro Membership costs $29.99 per year.
- The 8 Best Universal Remote Apps for Android
- Best 10 Free Movie Apps For Android (2022)
- The 6 Best Offline GPS Navigation Apps for Android
Final Thoughts on Outdoor Adventure Apps
I’m sure you may have heard this quote “All good things are wild and free.” So when you have time, experience the wilderness. Once you’re out there, enjoy the process of being outdoors, instead of worrying about the little discomforts. Good thing, these apps will make things easier for you. So, start your adventurous journey today with these amazing outdoor adventure apps.
Don’t you think these incredible outdoor adventure apps will make your next camping plan more adventurous? If yes, comment below what you think about these outdoor adventure apps!