12 Redmi Note 7 Problems With Solutions That Actually Work!
Are you experiencing Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 problems?
You’ve come to the right place!
The Redmi Note 7 is a truly outstanding phone from Xiaomi. Released in March 2019, it became a popular choice for people who are on a budget.
Here’s an honest opinion.
I switched to a Redmi Note phone because of its great features. Also, it’s much more affordable compared to other Android smartphones.
One of the popular Xiaomi phones is the Redmi Note 7. It features an octa-core Snapdragon 660 AIE processor that can handle gaming well. Also, the 48-megapixel camera is another feature that separates the Redmi Note 7 from its competitors.
But there’s a sad truth behind these great qualities.
Some people complain of certain issues with their Redmi Note 7 phones.
As for me, I always have a mindset when buying a new phone. There’s no such thing as a perfect smartphone.
Over time, issues will emerge whether you like it or not. The important thing is that you know how to work around these problems.
Luckily, you can fix most of these problems yourself.
Continue reading to find solutions to your Redmi Note 7 problems.
12 Problems and Solutions for Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
1. Very Sensitive Touchscreen
One of the negative things we noticed about the Redmi Note 7 is the very sensitive touchscreen.
This happens after some time of using the phone. You might notice that your screen will sense touch with a simple hover over it. Sometimes, headphone wires will also register as touch on the screen.
This is a common issue many users experienced after a certain update.
The only thing you can do for now is to wait for another system update. You could also try to use screen protectors to limit the sensitivity.
2. Keyboard Lag
Another annoying Redmi Note 7 issue is the keyboard lag. Some problems you can experience is a slow response when typing letters or ghost-touching characters.
Here are several solutions to this problem.
SOLUTION 1: Deactivate the Full Screen Gestures
1. Go to Settings.
2. Next, tap on Full screen display.
3. Finally, disable the Full screen gestures.
SOLUTION 2: Calibrate the screen.
NOTE: This may not work for all Redmi Note 7 ROM versions.
1. Open the telephone keypad and dial *#*#64663#*#*.
2. Tap on Touch Sensor.
3. Long press the Menu button and choose Touch Calibration.
4. Then, tap on Start Calibration and wait for it to finish.
SOLUTION 3: Adjust the Keyboard Size
1. Install the SwiftKey keyboard.
2. Go to Apps and choose the SwiftKey app.
3. Tap on Typing and go to Resize keyboard.
4. Adjust the keyboard avoiding the edges or areas of the screen where you experience the lag.
3. Issues with Push Notification
Do you rely on push notifications? What will happen if this fails on your Redmi Note 7?
Try this fix to your push notification issues.
SOLUTION: Allow Notifications
1. Go to Settings and choose Battery Usage under Manage Apps.
2. Next, tap on Apps and choose the apps you need to receive push notifications. Then, choose No restrictions.
3. Go back to Settings and enter App Notifications.
4. Choose the apps you selected earlier and turn on Priority.
5. Then, go to the Recent Apps or App Overview. Look for all the apps you chose earlier and pull them down to lock the apps.
6. For the final step, go back to Settings and go to About Phone.
7. Tap on the MIUI version until you see, “You are now a developer.”
8. Go back to the Settings menu and scroll down to the Developer Options.
9. Look for Memory Optimization. Toggle to turn it off.
4. GPS Problems
Having GPS issues with your phone is inconvenient, especially if you always use apps that rely on this feature.
Try out these solutions to solve the problem.
Check if your system is up-to-date. Go to Settings and tap on About Phone.
From there, tap on System Update. Your phone will automatically scan for necessary updates.
1. Go to Settings and tap on Dual Apps.
2. Go to Google services and toggle the apps that you’re having problems with like Waze and Uber.
3. Next, go to Security Apps and tap on the Battery icon.
4. Under the App Battery Saver, go to the Settings.
5. Tap on the affected apps and choose No restrictions.
6. Use the other versions of the apps that will show on your Home Screen. Use these versions until the update with the GPS fixes is available.
5. Fast-Draining Battery
Redmi Note 7 features a battery with a large capacity. However, there are issues where the battery drains faster than expected.
SOLUTION 1: System Update
Like the GPS issues, you can solve this problem by simply updating your phone’s system.
If you’ve already updated it, you may need to wait for future updates until Xiaomi comes up with a fix for this.
SOLUTION 2: Use Adaptive Battery
Most Xiaomi phones, including the Redmi Note 7, have an Adaptive Battery feature. Turning this on will help your battery last a few minutes longer.
SOLUTION 3: Uninstall Battery-Draining Apps
Before you uninstall random apps on your phone, know which ones drain your battery quickly.
Follow these steps to find out the battery-draining apps on your phone.
1. Go to Settings and tap on Battery & performance.
2. Next, go to Power Usage. Here, you’ll see which apps consume most of your battery’s power.
SOLUTION 4: Turn off System Animations
System animations can drain your battery quickly. Turn off this feature by following these steps.
1. Go to Settings and tap on Additional Settings.
2. Next, go to Accessibility and tap on Remove animations.
SOLUTION 5: Restrict Background App Processes
1. Go to your phone’s Settings and access the Additional Settings.
2. Next, tap on the Developer options and go to the Background process limit.
3. From here, you can reduce the background processes. Try starting with “At most 2 processes” and adjust if there’s no change with the battery life.
6. Sudden Closing Apps
Xiaomi phones have a feature called MIUI Optimization. When it’s enabled, some apps may suddenly close. If this becomes a nuisance to your daily phone activities, you can always disable it.
1. Enable the Developer Options first. Go to Settings.
2. Then, enter About Phone and tap on the MIUI version until you see, “You’re now a developer.”
3. Go back to the Settings menu and tap on Additional Settings.
4. Tap on the Developer Options, find the MIUI Optimization and disable it.
7. Can’t Use the Face Unlock Feature
Xiaomi’s Face Unlock feature isn’t available for all users. To use this feature, you can change your phone’s region to one that supports Face Unlock.
Follow these steps to change your phone’s region.
1. Open your phone’s Settings and go to Additional Settings.
2. Scroll down and tap on Region.
3. Set the region to Hong Kong, since Face Unlock has been confirmed to work there.
8. Camera Error: Still can’t connect to camera. Try restarting your device.
Xiaomi takes pride in the cameras they integrated into their Redmi Note phones.
However, many Redmi Note 7 users have complained of an error with their cameras.
Here are two solutions that may just solve this problem.
1. Open the Settings and tap on About Phone.
2. Next, go to All specs. Tap on the Kernel version until you enter the CIT options.
3. Go to the Master Back Camera option from the QC test.
4. The Camera app will open and you should see an image.
5. Exit the Camera app and tap on Fail. Doing this will reset the sensors and lens.
6. Repeat this step for all the cameras on your phone.
7. Exit the CIT and test your camera to see if the problem persists.
1. Go to Settings and tap on About phone.
2. Scroll to the MIUI version and repeatedly tap on it until you see, “You’re now a developer.”
3. Then, access the Developer Options from the Settings menu.
4. Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unblocking.
5. After that, tap on Mi Unlock status. And then, choose Add account and device.
6. If an error message “connect to the network & try again,” log out of your Mi Account. Then, try Step 5 again.
9. Unable to Connect Using Mobile Data
When you’re outside and there’s no WiFi connection available, you need to use your mobile data.
However, some Redmi Note 7 users complained that they couldn’t connect to the Internet using their mobile data.
When this happens, try out these solutions.
SOLUTION 1: Check Your Phone Credit
You might be unaware that you’ve already reached your phone credit limit. If you’ve exceeded your limit, you won’t be able to connect using your mobile data.
Check your phone’s credit to see if you’re still eligible to use mobile data.
SOLUTION 2: Manually Scan Network Operator
1. Open the Settings and tap on SIM cards & mobile networks.
2. Choose your SIM’s name and go to Mobile networks.
3. Toggle the slide beside Choose automatically to scan the network manually.
4. A pop-up message will appear asking if you want to choose networks manually. Tap on Next, and then OK.
5. Choose the network for your mobile data and go back to your Home Screen.
SOLUTION 3: Reset APN Acess Point
1. Go to Settings, SIM cards & mobile networks. Tap on your SIM card name.
2. Tap on Access Point Names (APN).
3. Reset the settings to default. Then, tap on the “net” access point.
SOLUTION 4: Network Permissions
1. Go to Settings, then tap on Apps.
2. Next, go to App Permissions.
3. Check whether the specific apps you’re trying to open have network permissions enabled.
4. If not, enable them and try to open the apps again.
SOLUTION 5: Check Network Security Apps
1. If you’ve recently installed a network security app, check its settings.
2. Check if the app has blocked network traffic from your phone.
SOLUTION 6: Clean Junk Files
Use a cleaner app to remove any junk files in your phone’s system.
When you use your phone for a long time without maintenance, your system’s performance can suffer.
This includes not being able to connect using mobile data.
10. Constant WiFi Disconnection
Are you experiencing constant disconnections to your WiFi connection?
This is a big problem. Here are some solutions to this issue.
SOLUTION 1: Delete Saved SSID
1. Open the Settings and go to Wi-Fi.
2. Tap on the arrow beside the WiFi name and choose Remove Network.
3. Add the removed SSID again manually.
SOLUTION 2: System Update
There’s a big chance that you haven’t updated your phone’s system that’s why you can’t connect to the WiFi.
Make sure it’s updated to the latest version.
SOLUTION 3: Restart the Router
Check if other devices can connect to the WiFi. If not, then the problem is not with your phone.
Unplug the router and wait for 10 minutes before plugging it back in. Try connecting your phone to the WiFi again.
11. Heating Issues While in Use
Another Redmi Note 7 problem that people face is overheating. This can be a serious problem in the long run.
Here are three solutions that you can try to solve this issue.
SOLUTION 1: Enable Power Saving Mode
1. Go to Settings and tap on Battery.
2. Next, enable the Battery Saver.
SOLUTION 2: Turn Off Networking Features
When not in use, turn off the GPS and Mobile Data especially when you’re taking calls.
Calls continuously use battery power. When you’re on a call and you have other apps opened, it can cause heating problems.
SOLUTION 3: Use a Junk Cleaner
Accumulated junk can contribute to your Redmi Note 7’s heating problems.
Using a junk cleaner can solve overheating issues. This kind of app can clean files that you don’t need anymore.
There are many junk cleaners that you can use for Android phones. Choose one that fits your needs as long as it does the job well.
12. Heating Issues While Charging
Now overheating while charging is a different story. It can cause permanent damage to your Redmi Note 7 if you don’t solve it early.
Here are some solutions you can try.
SOLUTION 1: Charge in a Cool Area
Ambient temperature can cause your phone to overheat. If you’re unaware of which areas in your house is too hot, you may need a WiFi temperature sensor to identify places you need to avoid.
It’s best to charge your phone in an air-conditioned room or a place with good air circulation.
SOLUTION 2: Avoid Overcharging
Overcharging is one of the causes of overheating. Once your phone is fully charged, you need to unplug it immediately.
It’s because any excess energy produced during charging will become heat.
Try to time how long it takes for your Redmi Note 7 charges. Also, turning off your phone while charging can also be a good practice.
SOLUTION 3: Use a Good Charging Device and Cable
Using any cheap, low-quality charger is dangerous for you and your phone. Use a reliable and high-quality charger that will not cause overheating.
Is the Xiaomi Note 7 a good buy?
For a budget phone, you’ll get a great battery life, a solid build, and a decent camera. This is a good buy for people who don’t have a large budget.
Is the Redmi Note 7 a waterproof phone?
It’s not a waterproof phone. However, it can resist some water splashes as long as moisture will not penetrate inside the phone.
How many megapixels is the Redmi Note 7’s camera?
The Redmi Note 7 features a 48-megapixel rear camera and a 13-megapixel front camera.
Whether you’re using a high-end smartphone or a budget phone like the Redmi Note 7, it’s going to show some problems any time soon.
Keep your cool and find a solution. There’s always a fix to common Redmi Note 7 problems.
If these solutions don’t work, you may need to bring your phone to a service center to get it checked and fixed.
Do you have any issues that weren’t mentioned in the article?
Did a solution solve your Redmi Note 7 issue? Then, I’m really happy for you!
Share it with us in the comment section below!
My phone keeps on disconnecting while im playing online games. I’ve tried everything you said. But nothing works. I am the only one using rn7 in our house and I alone having these problems. I also encounter this wifi issue when conneting in different wifi. So i guess the phone itself is the problem here. So much regret for buying this shit.
Sad to hear that. Did you try resetting your device? A soft reset might do the trick. If not, you can enter recovery mode and clear your cache partition. It might be a software issue more than hardware issue. Just be patient with it and I’m sure you’ll find a fix in no time!
hi, I keep getting a security keeps stopping notification on the screen, constantly recurring
If this is an app and it keeps on stopping, it’s either you have low storage left or the app itself is broken. If it’s the latter, you can report it to the developers in Google Play Store.
On my redime note 7s mobile after update when i switch on the hotspot,how many data are uses by hotspot that wasn’t count by speed connection meter so one time data limit also not work
Ex-i gave 50mb data but after uses of 1gb data it is not warning to me
Hi Bikash! You can see this by accessing your settings and going to “Data”, you’ll also see the amount of data used through your hotspot.
I have a Redmi Note 7 and some voice calls did not connect successfully. No voice is received or sent when dialing / receiving a call. But at the same time there is no problem with WhatsApp call
Hi Abdul! Clear the app cache of WhatsApp then restart your phone. After restarting your phone try making calls again and see if you’ll encounter the same problem.
My phone keeps popping up its volume option and the google assistant
Hi Aishwarya! Your phone might have hardware problems. Have you dropped it recently or did you spill water on it? Most of the problems like these are caused by a malfunctioning screen or side buttons.
My phone keeps popping up its volume option and the google assistant