4 Great Smart Home Thermostats for Android
In today’s trend of home automation, smart thermostats are on top of the list. It is essential for controlling our home’s temperature throughout the day.
Smart thermostats are programmed to control the heat and air condition using a schedule. It can also be connected through Wi-Fi and smartphones to remotely control it.
The best thermostats have a sensor that records the external and internal temperature and the time used with the HVAC system.
Furthermore, it provides a notification when the air filter needs a replacement. This information is displayed on the connected device, such as Android devices. There are home automations compatible with Android devices.
Must Read: Smart Tech and Gadgets for Your Home That Are Better with Android
1. Nest Learning Thermostat – $214.97
The Nest Learning Thermostat is considered one of the best smart home thermostat because of its efficiency, convenience, and it conserves energy.
It has a sleek design of stainless steel. It has an automatic schedule that enables the system to turn off when you are away. It can learn from your behavior. Moreover, it can be controlled through phone or voice assistant like Google Assistant.
- Available Colors: Stainless Steel/ Polished Steel /Mirror Black/Black/Copper/White/Brass
- Farsight: You can read the display across the room. The display lights up to show the time, temperature, and time.
- Sunblock: The smart thermostat uses a light sensor to determine where the sun is to compensate with the room temperature.
- Energy Conservation
- Nest Protect: It detects carbon monoxide leak and turns off the heating system.
- Heat link: It enables you to control the broiler and connect with the thermostat wireless.
- Auto-schedule: Observes your behavior. It learns and programs the temperature you usually set.
- Supports Android and iOS application
- Voice assistants: Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa
2. Ecobee4 Smart Thermostat – $228.98
From all the smart thermostats, Ecobee4 Smart Thermostat is the first to have a Room Sensor and a built-in Amazon Alexa. The Room Sensor determines whether there are occupancy and temperature, giving the desired comfort throughout the house.
It conserves energy, it saves up to 23% of the heating and cooling costs. Ecobee products are easy to install and the Ecobee4 Smart Thermostat has the same wiring layout. Moreover, its software is fast and easy to boot.
- Available color: Black
- Easy to install: It can be installed in just 30 minutes.
- HomeIQ: Monthly energy conservation and determines how you can save cost and energy.
- Room Sensors: Install room sensors in the most important parts of the house. It will signal the smart thermostat to automatically change the temperature of comfort.
- Control from anywhere: You can adjust the temperature in your thermostat from wherever you are. You can just use your Android device or iOS device.
- Smart Home Integration: Works with Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, HomeKit, Apple HomeKit, Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Logitech, and IFTT.
3. Tado Smart Thermostat
The Tado Smart Thermostat has a minimalistic white aesthetic design that displays the temperature and connection status. It connects to the Internet to monitor the weather forecast. Moreover, it has radiator valves connected to the Internet that ensures that every room of your home is heated.
It helps you save 15% of the overall energy. The geofencing feature of Tado ensures that you did not waste energy when you are not at home.
- Multi-zone Control: This smart home thermostat can control separate zones with individual temperature settings.
- Detailed report: You can view app reports that show the amount of energy your heating system consumes.
- Smart Home Integration: Works with Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and IFTTT.
- Supports Android, iOS, and Windows application
4. Honeywell Lyric T5 Smart Thermostat – $129.99
Honeywell Lyric T5 Smart Thermostat is a versatile and aesthetic thermostat of your choice. It needs to be connected through an application or Wi-Fi for you to control it. It is compatible with Amazon Echo, Stringify, Apple HomeKit, Google Home and IFTTT.
It supports geofencing to conserve energy. However, to install the smart home thermostat, it requires a C wire from the HVAC system. You do not have to worry though, there is a detailed instruction provided to make the installation easy.
- Available color: Black
- Adaptive Recovery: It can determine the desired temperature as of the moment. It can automatically change from the needed heat or cold.
- Supports Android and iOS applications
- 7-Day Geofencing
- Smart Home Integration: It works with Amazon Echo, Apple HomeKit, Google Home, Stringify and IFTTT.
Check out more of the best smart thermostats that work great with your Android device.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do smart home thermostats do?
The usual thermostat changes the temperature through a dial pad or control panel. But, the smart thermostat gives you access to the cooling and heating system through Internet-connected devices and applications downloaded in the devices.
The best smart thermostats have additional features that make it one step further among other thermostats.
Do smart thermostats let me save money?
First off, it does not help you save money directly. But, as it helps you efficiently in changing the room temperature of your home, it will help you save in the long run. Smart thermostats give reports about its users that will help you adjust accordingly to save money.
What are smart thermostats for heat pumps?
Heat pumps balance the cooling/heating system that has a heat pump and auxiliary heat. There are smart thermostats that can help you efficiently in choosing the level of comfort and energy the heat pump exerts.
Which is the best budget smart thermostat?
For tighter budgets, Nest Thermostat E is the best automated temperature controller. The best budget thermostat is Nest Thermostat E, it has a sleek stainless steel design and offers considerably the same features of the high-end models of Nest. It has an Auto-Away mode and Eco mode that automatically creates a schedule for your temperature. Who does not want to have this smart home thermostat that is nearly identical with the Nest Learning Thermostat?
Frosted Display: A minimalistic design that blends with the background of your room.
Energy Saving: The Nest app allows you to check the amount of energy usage and the reason of use.
Remote Control: You can control the temperature anywhere you are. You only have to download the Nest App for Android or iOS.
Home/Away Assist: The smart thermostat turns off when you leave. It conserves energy by not heating or cooling when you are away.
Compatibility: Works with most 24V cooling and heating systems.
Which is the best cheap smart thermostat?
The best cheap smart thermostat that’s efficient and reliable for your home. The Ecobee3 Lite is almost similar to its high-end model, the Ecobee 4. Their only difference is the built-in voice assistant and the room sensor. However, despite its lack of components, it can still help you create schedules and control the temperature from your thermostat through a phone.
How do you determine a bad thermostat?
Unresponsive or no power. If your thermostat does not display or unresponsive there is something wrong with it. It may be broken or it needs a new battery.
Air condition will not turn ON. There might be possible wiring defects when the thermostat cannot transmit electrical signals to the cooling and heating system.
Air condition or heater will not turn OFF. There is a possibility that the thermostat is not properly calibrated or the wirings are worn out.
Room temperature and set do not match. When the setting and temperature does not match, it shows a dysfunctional thermostat. This could be normal for homes that are zoned. However, if your house is not zoned, then different temperatures in different places in the house can tell that you have a dysfunctional thermostat.
How to troubleshoot a bad thermostat?
Right setting. Match the setting of the thermostat and the cooling or heating system. You can set the thermostat to ‘AUTO’ to prevent the cooling and heating system from constantly running.
Set 5 degrees lower or higher than normal. Actually, this step depends on the weather. Set the temperature to 5 degrees higher when it is winter, and 5 degrees lower when it is summer.
Replace the batteries (electric thermostats). The batteries of digital thermostats should be replaced annually.
Clean the thermostat (mechanical thermostats). Mechanical thermostats have a lever, take off the cover and dust off the inside using a small brush or cloth.
Check and test the wires. Check the wires if they are still firmly connected. If the wires are still connected but the thermostat is not working, call a professional. It is dangerous to reconnect the wires on your own.
How long should a thermostat last?
Although there is no exact lifespan for a thermostat, it is expected to last on an average of at least 10 years. When it reaches 10 years, the smart thermostat will start to malfunction. There are many possibilities why it malfunctions, but the most common cause is dust accumulation and aging of wirings.
Ultimately, any of the 2018’s top smart home thermostats for Android will make your life convenient. Its efficiency in smart scheduling provides not just the ideal temperature but also it reduces your bills. The only question we have for you is, which smart thermostat is the best for you? Leave your thoughts below!
I think the Nest thermostat is the easiest to use. I like the others too but Nest convinced me.